Dear Kylie Jenner...

Dear Kylie Jenner...  

I will admit, ever since Kourtney and Kim Take Miami appeared on my televison by accident, I have been shamelessly obsessed with the Kardashians. Style. Beauty. Interior Design- you  name it, they have inspired a lot of my choices- even ski-wear! I've also been told by many of my acquaintances that I have the same monotonous and unimpressed tone that Kourtney does, much to their annoyance. 

However, being the devoted fan that I am hasn't stopped me from finding an issue with the iconic  family, a specific sister in particular, you may be able to tell from the heading... Dear Kylie Jenner, from one girl to another, please stop creating unobtainable body ideals for young women.

I was one of the fans who tirelessly defended her infamous lips when she hadn't admitted to fillers, I recall arguing countless times that it was just how she had over-drawn them and it was how her face had changed as she had grown up. How naïve I was. When I found out the truth, I felt personally lied to, (even though her excuse was that she never lied she just didn't tell the truth *eye roll*) I thought it was something I could do with makeup too, clearly not, money perhaps, but certainly not a matte lipstick and a liner. This was just the beginning though. It's been rumoured that she has had more surgeries, this is easily supported by her drastic body transformation- her freakishly small waist, and her lower half that looks eerily similar to her older sister Kim's, and the most recent change, the increase in breast size. 
Credit: Kyliejenner/Instagram

                                     
I have no issue with the idea of surgery. In my opinion, if you have an insecurity that you want to alter, by all means, do what makes you happy, if it truly is what you want. What does frustrate me however is how someone as famous and relevant as Kylie Jenner doesn't address the supposed alterations she has made to her body, and whenever she does, puts it down to a "diet" or "that time of the month" refusing to admit that she has had a form of surgery to change herself , which is clear for the world to see. This is problematic to me because a large number of her followers are young women and teenagers, who see her as "body inspo" when in reality she's an unachievable ideal, making girls who look different to 
her insecure in themselves, because they don't realise that she has probably had more surgeries than she has dogs, and she has a lot of those. She is an unrealistic aspiration for women to look towards, and to base themselves upon, because it'll only lead to more disappointment and insecurity, when they realise that no amount of squats will make you look like her.

The truth is, and as cliche and cringeworthy as it sounds, you genuinely are perfect the way you are, tall, short, thin, thick, big, small, however you look, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. We should focus more on being happy in the skin we're in than looking for flaws to get rid of, because everyone is beautiful in their uniqueness, and our flaws are what make us unique. To quote Be Yourself, by Frank Ocean "Don't try to be someone else, don't try to act like someone else, be yourself. Be secure with yourself."  Beauty starts from within, and when you begin to see that, you genuinely will more content with how you look.

I hope this post makes more people aware that most of what you see on social media of celebrities can be a facade, and they really are not as "naturally beautiful" as they appear, and are just as insecure as us.

Until next time, Stay fabulous! 
MillyDaysX



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reunited and it feels so good...